Create your very own private Hunter Valley wine tour
Hens & Bucks
Xmas & Birthdays
Family & Friends
Corporate & Team Building
Craft your own private Hunter Valley wine tour
During a full day many things can happen, you are in charge of it! Decide what you’d love to have for lunch and what you want to visit. You’ll have a private modern air-conditioned vehicle with a driver and/or guide. You decide if you play your own music and if you need a door to door service. We can take any sized group, on any day of the week, and can pick up anywhere. Your tailored made Hunter Valley private tour is on its way.
A RANGE OF 50 WINERES TO CHOOSE FROM
BREWERY VISITS & TASTINGS
BUY OR BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH
1 COURSE DEGUSTATION MATCHED WITH 1 GLASS OF HUNTER VALLEY WINE
2 COURSES DEGUSTATION MATCHED WITH 2 GLASSES OF HUNTER VALLEY WINE
3 COURSES DEGUSTATION MATCHED WITH 3 GLASSES OF HUNTER VALLEY WINE
Pick up locations
ANY OTHER LOCATIONS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Private Tour Examples
A day tour at the Hunter Valley with all wine, cheese, chocolate & organic vodka tastings included. Or choose the 3/4 wineries you want to stop during your day. Lunch options can be: 1) Option to purchase your own lunch from a range of cafes/restaurants 2) you can bring a picnic and relax on the grass, 3) gourmet lunch pizza lunch in the Brewhouse at Hope Estate – They brew 10 craft beer’s and a cider on site! or 4) gourmet lunch options at a Chef Hatted Restaurant (Eg 3 Course Degustation: 3 courses food matched with 3 glasses of Hunter Valley wines).
Hens Party in the Hunter Valley
We took 20 excited Sydney ladies to the Hunter Valley for a fun weekend out tasting wine, cheese, chocolate & organic vodka. We tailored the package to include tastings from some fun vineyards in the hunter valley as well test tube tasting (Schnapps, organic vodka and liqueurs).
Corporate and team building functions in the Hunter Valley
We took the CBA Premier Banking Team for a Hunter Valley wine, cheese, chocolate, & organic vodka day trip. They approached us to organise a fun day out as a reward for winning business banking branch of the year. They really appreciated that we selected award winning wineries that fitted the occasion perfectly.
Birthday Parties in the Hunter Valley
We took a group of 11 for a exclusive private Hunter Valley Birthday tour with a twist. We organised a wine cheese & organic vodka tour with a bonus lunch stop at hope estate for Ocktoberfest. The group loved doing tasting of the 10 beers they now have on tap at Hope Estate Brewhouse.
- Option 1: Free time to individually purchase lunch anywhere of your choosing (such as The Tempus Two Complex, Matilda Bay Brewhouse, or any restaurant or winery) = no additional charge
- Option 2: Gourmet shared salad and sandwiches at the Matilda Bay Brewhouse + $14pp
- Option 3: Gourmet pizzas, with a glass of wine, craft beer, or cider at Hope Estate + $24pp
- Option 4: Shared platters featuring 5-6 different dishes (including, bruschetta, salads, pasta, etc.) at the Matilda Bay Brewhouse + $32pp
- Option 5: Gourmet wood-fired pizzas, with sides including; hot bread, salad, roast kipflers, fries, and a glass of wine, at 1843 Harvest Cafe, Lindeman’s Wines + $34pp
- Option 6: Burger & Beers – Beef Brisket Burger and a 6 beer tasting paddle at the Matilda Bay Brewhouse + $35pp
- Option 7: Gourmet 2 Course set menu, with matched wines. Your choice of either, chicken ballotine at Harvest Restaurant Hope Estate, or dry aged steak at Villa du Pays Restaurant, Leogate Estate + $48pp
- Option 8: Latino street food experience including tapas, sliders, salads, chocolate sauce churros and 3 x included drinks (Harkham wines & sangria) at Popup Restaurant @ Harkham Wines + $56pp
- Option 9: Three course al-a-carte menu (including great options such as steak or salmon) at the Matilda Bay Brewhouse + $58pp
- Option 10: Gourmet 3 course degustation lunch at the Chef Hatted Harvest Restaurant, Hope Estate (3 gourmet plates matched with 3 Hunter Valley Wines) + $60pp
- Option 11: Gourmet 3 course menu, featuring Antipasto, Charcuterie and Fresh grilled seafood platters to start, and al-a-carte main and dessert menu at Villa du Pays, Leogate Estate + $68pp
EXTRA activities to do on a Private tour
- Cooking class
- High tea
- Cocktail making class
- Photography class
- Grape stomping
- Aqua golf
- Sleep overs
Favourite Wineries List
- Allandale Wines – http://www.allandalewinery.com.au
- Leogate Estate – http://leogate.com.au
- Rothvale Winery – http://www.rothvale.com.au
- Lucy’s Run – http://lucysrunwines.com.au
- James Estate – https://www.jamesestatewines.com.au/the-story-james-estate/pokolbin/
- Piggs Peake – http://piggspeake.myshopify.com
- Mount View Estate – http://www.mtviewestate.com.au
- Audrey Wilkinson – https://www.audreywilkinson.com.au
- Hope Estate – http://www.hopeestate.com.au
- McGuigans – https://www.mcguiganwines.com.au
- Macquarievale Organic Wines – http://www.macquariedale.com.au
- Harkham Wines – http://harkhamwine.com.au
- Gartelmann Wines – http://www.gartelmann.com.au
- Peppertree Wines – http://www.peppertreewines.com.au
How much are the tours? (both Sydney and Hunter Valley)
Tours departing from Sydney: Prices vary from $125, to $165 per person
Tours departing from Hunter Valley: Prices vary from $99 to $139 per person.
What is included in my private tour?
Included in your private wine tour is the same as above, however there are a few extras which include: Private pick up and drop off location of your choice, your own driver, a choice of 10-11 lunch options, you can play your own music, we can personalise your itinerary if you have any extra activities you would like to incorporate.
Where are the pick up locations? (both Sydney and Hunter Valley).
We pick you up from you accomodation.
What days do you operate the private tours?
A private tour will operate 7 days per week (excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day, NYE and NY Day).
What is the difference between the one, two and three course meals?
Your one course lunch will include a main meal and one drink (boutique beer/wine/cider/soft drink/juice).
Your two course lunch will include a main meal, dessert and two drinks (boutique beer/wine/cider/soft drink/juice).
Your three course lunch will include an entrée, main meal, dessert and three matching wines with each meal (or the option of boutique beer/cider/soft drink/juice).
I have allergies/dietary requirements. Will this be catered for?
If you have dietary requirements that are generally more common ie lactose intolerant, vegetarian, gluten free, allergic to nuts or shellfish etc, we will advise the restaurant and they will cater to your specific requirements.
If you have requirements that are little more uncommon, please advise us in advance so we can liaise with the restaurant to confirm your requirements.
We will always try our best to cater for all dietary requirements. No request is too big or too small. If you are unsure, please contact us for further details.
What if I want to upgrade my meal on the day? Can I give the driver extra money for my meal?
We suggest if you would like to upgrade your meal on the day, to please liaise with our driver who can make our lunch venue aware. We would then recommend to pay the venue directly for your upgraded meal.
What wineries do we go to on a private tour?
On a private tour, our favourite wineries to visit are:
- Allandale Wines
- Leogate Estate
- Rothvale Winery
- Lucy’s Run
- James Estate
- Piggs Peake
- Mount View Estate
- Audrey Wilkinson
- Hope Estate
- Macquarievale Organic Wines
- Harkham Wines (weekends only)
- Gartlemann Wines (maximum 15 for a group)
- Peppertree Wines (maximum 10 for a group)
If you have a winery that is on your wish list, please advise us so we can provide you with any extra information that is required with your request.
What time do we get back to Sydney/Hunter Valley?
If you are returning back to Sydney after your tour, the approximation time will be 7pm. Please note the time will vary due to traffic conditions and variables out of our control.
If you are returning back to the Hunter Valley after your tour, the approximation time will be 4:15pm. Please note, as the Hunter Valley is a popular location to stay in, we may require additional time to drop people back to their location.
How long do the tours last for (for public, private and half day tours)?
A public tour will last for approximately 6.5hrs.
A half day tour will last for approximately 4.5hrs.
A private tour will last for approximately 6.5hrs.
Please note that this is not including your transfers to and from your pick up location.
Is there a minimum number of people to run the tour?
We do not have a minimum number of people to operate our tours.
Will the tour still run if the weather is bad? Can we reschedule our tour?
We are not weather dependant for our tours and therefore will always operate. You are mainly indoors in the warmth and comfort of a winery in the cooler months. In the warmer months, you may have the opportunity to have your wine tasting provided outdoors in the fresh air.
If you would like to reschedule your tour, please provide us within 48hrs notice so we may assist you.
How do I book & pay for my tour?
1. Book now on our booking calendar. Choose the product you are interested in and book in just 2 minutes:
2. Check availability and if you have any questions get in touch:
- Call, text, or email us
- +61 406757295
3. Other Payments: Please choose one of the payment options below:
Zepher Tours PTY LTD
International payment code: WPACAU2s
What is the maximum amount of people that you can take on a private tour?
On a private tour, we have no limit of the amount of people we can take. Please advise on the confirmed amount so we may cater to your specific request.
The more information you provide us with, the most accurate and tailored made package you’ll get back. Are there any dietary requirements? Any unique spots you’ll like to visit? Let us know, we are here to help you out.
Other locations where you can go
Hunter Valley is our most popular Private tour, but we do offer other opportunities. Enjoy the Southern Highlands wine region just one hour drive from Sydney. Explore the Blue Mountains and its magnificent landscapes. Or enjoy a day around Alexandria discovering the coolest places to eat and drink on our Sydney Urban Tour. You choose, we deliver.